SEED Program Overview
The Pilgrimage now awards grants to people like you! Biannually we award grant requests of up to $500 to former Pilgrimage groups or individuals. The purpose of the Community Initiative SEED Fund is to empower Pilgrimage groups and individuals to invest in their local community through action and service.
Our grants support local efforts of Pilgrimage groups to address the needs of the homeless, hungry, sick, and poor within their own community. We want to provide opportunities for Pilgrimage participants to serve as a catalyst, creatively linking their own congregation or community to those most in need in their city or town.
Support will be provided for projects to:
- Develop new and creative ways for a congregation, community, or individual to engage with the pressing needs of the homeless, hungry, sick, and poor within their local community.
- Allow an individual or group to engage with a global mission that is connected in some way to their own local community.
We give priority to projects that:
- Foster relationships between recipients of the grant and those living on the margins of society.
- Reflect a comprehensive, creative approach to community engagement.
- Engage your community in acts of service
- Work to eradicate the myths, stereotypes, or systemic structures that create inequality within your community.
- Develop leadership skills among young people within the community.
To find out if you meet all the requirements for the SEED Fund, click here.